One of these things is not like the others
One of these things is not quite the same
It’s the same, but different.
Can’t. Not. Reblog.
‘WE DON’T SEE (THIS) OFTEN.’
A FLYING BEAR KILL TWO PEOPLE IN A FREAK ACCIDENT AND THIS ISN’T THE FIRST TIME YOU’VE SEEN IT?!
I’ve seen this photograph very frequently on tumblr and Facebook, always with the simple caption, “Ghost Heart”. What exactly is a ghost heart?
More than 3,200 people are on the waiting list for a heart transplant in the United States. Some won’t survive the wait. Last year, 340 died before a new heart was found.
The solution: Take a pig heart, soak it in an ingredient commonly found in shampoo and wash away the cells until you’re left with a protein scaffold that is to a heart what two-by-four framing is to a house.
Then inject that ghost heart, as it’s called, with hundreds of millions of blood or bone-marrow stem cells from a person who needs a heart transplant, place it in a bioreactor - a box with artificial lungs and tubes that pump oxygen and blood into it - and wait as the ghost heart begins to mature into a new, beating human heart.
Doris Taylor, director of regenerative medicine research at the Texas Heart Institute at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in Houston, has been working on this— first using rat hearts, then pig hearts and human hearts - for years.
The process is called decellularization and it is a tissue engineering technique designed to strip out the cells from a donor organ, leaving nothing but connective tissue that used to hold the cells in place.
This scaffold of connective tissue - called a “ghost organ” for its pale and almost translucent appearance - can then be reseeded with a patient’s own cells, with the goal of regenerating an organ that can be transplanted into the patient without fear of tissue rejection.
This ghost heart is ready to be injected with a transplant recipient’s stem cells so a new heart - one that won’t be rejected - can be grown.
Excuse me but we can’t just kill pigs to save human lives. That is wrong.
Found the vegan
Written by UnknownnobodysAltFics (Unknownnobody32)
Tempers flare along with sweltering temperatures when an unexpected drawback during a mission leaves a bickering Thor and Natasha stuck together for an extended period of time. Little did they know that amongst the heat, they’d find themselves desiring each other mid-argument and using their confinement as opportunity to rekindle their old flame … all over a conference table.
Inspired by Desire is the Ultimate Distractionby UnknownnobodysAltFics (Unknownnobody32).
This would take place in the alternate timeline of my former Black Thunder fic, “Desire is the Ultimate Distraction.” The setting is some time after the secret fling in the aforementioned story had ended. In short- it’s been a while for these two.
And while this is slightly raunchier than my last work, there’s still no detailed play-by-play smut.
- Who is louder?: That’s a tough call, as they tend to make each other scream and groan
- Who is more experimental?: Natasha. She likes to try new things
- Who takes more risks?: They are pretty equal here, I think.
- Do they fuck or make love?: Both. It really depends on their mood and what they need in the moment.
- Lights on or off?: It depends on their mood.
- Who is more likely to be caught masturbating?: Thor. That’s an easy one.
- Who is more likely to suggest a threesome?: More than likely Thor. Though, Natasha isn’t opposed to the idea. It would simply depend on who the addition is.
- Has either stolen the other’s underwear?: Not yet. However, it’s more likely that Natasha would.
- Who comes first?: That depends entirely on what they are doing. It varies.
- Who is better at oral and who prefers it?: I think that they are equal in this.
- Who is more submissive?: Natasha. She has a thing for being dominated. Though, she also likes to fight for domination at times.
- Who usually initiates things?: It tends to be Thor.
- Who is more sensitive?: It’s pretty equal.
- Who has the most patience?: Natasha, hands down.
- Which kinks do they share?: The fight for dominance?
- What kinks do they have that clash?: They don’t have any.
- Who is louder?: It’s a toss up and really depends on who’s in charge. So to speak :P
- Who is more experimental?: Natasha
- Who takes more risks?: Thor
- Do they fuck or make love?: They tend to fuck more, though, this is do to the fact that they both like it rough
- Lights on or off?: Depends on their mood
- Who is more likely to be caught masturbating?: Thor and Tasha loves catching him
- Who is more likely to suggest a threesome?: Neither. Thor tends to be too possessive for that
- Has either stolen the other’s underwear?: No
- Who comes first?: Natasha. Thor enjoys giving her more than she thinks she can take
- Who is better at oral and who prefers it?: Natasha says that Thor is better But, they both enjoy it immensely
- Who is more submissive?: Natasha
- Who usually initiates things?: It’s pretty equal
- Who is more sensitive?: Natasha. Thor is good at at knowing her body and how it will react to what he does
- Who has the most patience?: Thor. He tests her patience often in bed.
- Which kinks do they share?: Edge play for sure. Thor adores using it to get his way
- What kinks do they have that clash?: There’s been no clash so far